Accessing the UEFI (BIOS) setup on a Windows 8 system
This article only applies to: systems with Windows 8 pre-installed
On systems with Windows 8 pre-installed, you can access the UEFI (BIOS) setup screens from the Windows 8 boot menu:
- Press the Windows key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open your Charms.
- Click Settings.
- Click Change PC Settings.
- In PC Settings, select General.
- Under Advanced startup, click Restart now. The system will restart and show the Windows 8 boot menu.
- In the boot menu, select Troubleshoot.
- In the Troubleshoot menu, select Advanced options.
- In the Advanced options menu, select UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Click Restart to restart the system and enter UEFI (BIOS).
The Windows 8 boot menu will also show automatically after Windows 8 fails to start successfully three times.
If you upgraded your system to Windows 8, the UEFI Firmware Settings option might not be available. If this is the case, proceed as follows: Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop, to enter the BIOS.